Hayground Future Fund
Hayground’s commitment to equal opportunity for all children runs deep. By design, over 80% percent of our students—children from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures—receive financial aid, resulting in a student body that reflects the true diversity of our community.
The Hayground Future Fund ensures that Hayground’s unique model of mentor-based education be available to students for generations to come.
The Hayground Future Fund supports these and other ongoing immersions:
- Soil Science: The Invisible Universe of Micro-Organisms
- Seed-to-Table Lunch: How to Grow and Prepare Seasonal School Meals
- Coral Reef Study: The Art & Science of the First Invertebrates
- Inventors’ Workshop: Design Solutions for Daily Life
- Filmmaker’s Studio: Writing and Producing Original Films
- Shakespeare in Action: Exploring and Performing Shakespeare’s Plays
- Writers’ Workshop: Writing and Illustrating Original Picture Books
- Citizen Science: Restoring Local Coastlines through Research and Activism
Our family of mentors includes:
- Cornell University CCE Suffolk South Fork Marine Education Program
- Edible East End
- Mecox Dairy
- The Parrish Art Museum
- Peconic Land Trust
- Quail Hill Farm
- Shakespeare & Company
- Slow Foods Long Island
Please contact the Development office at Hayground at 631.537.7068 for more information.